Posted on by

Home Forums Lighting Lighting Notes

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    AkshayYd
    Participant

Greetings,

I’m a fellow student of cinema and great a admirer of Sir Roger Deakins. This community has given me great significant insights as to how things can work and it opened my perspective on Lighting. I have been making notes from here since 2020 and now when the old forum data is lost, I think this might help a few. Please keep that in mind that these notes were made just for myself so I never put much detailing and context. These notes are amalgamation of Roger’s answers. Again, thank you so much Sir Roger and James for sharing your knowledge with the world.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HIn9g_KMuQNwz2vW2abMwTeqSTMbPPED/view?usp=sharing

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Stip
      Participant

That’s a lot!

As you mention these shreds of thoughts are out of context but they do form an interesting overview on how a world class cinematographer approaches situations from small to big and film work in general.

Max A.
        Participant

Thank you very much for this AksyayYd! I also have a little collection of saved pages from the old forum but unfortunately, all the pages I did put into the bookmarks of the browser are lost and only some of those are saved in PDF (I paid dearly for my laziness).
          Those notes, also if without a certain context are precious, a lot of those I remember the posts where comes from!
          Thank you for your sharing!

Max.

AkshayYd
          Participant

Hey Max! I can share the word file for this document and together we (the whole community) can put more context and details to the key-points. Whatever little we can do, I think that will help everyone here.

LucaM
            Participant

Thanks a lot for sharing It! How timely, I was thinking just the other day that a collection of posts from the forum would create a precious  knowledge and then here It Is!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.