how can i light like this?

Posted on by

Home Forums Lighting how can i light like this?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Ali Asadi skylow
    Participant

hi everyone

i wanna light an stage for a singer like this?

i need these sharp lines on the floor and in the air

and i prefer the light to sync with the songs

what can i use for that? orbiter? aputure 600 with a specific lens? projection or something?

tnx everybody

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Stip
      Participant

That’s not a regular light, it’s a laser. You’ll also need haze to make the laser beams visible.

You can get both from event rentals I would guess.

Ali Asadi skylow
        Participant

thank you

you helped a lot

Mike
          Participant

To get that effect you will need high wattage laser lights. As you know there are Health and Safety issues when using lasers, you will have to notify the Freeholder of the building that you are using lasers, they must also carry Public Liability insurance to cover the artistes and talent for injury.  BBC elstree studios use lasers on their Strickly come Dancing show but the audience are not allowed in during the show only during rehearsals. Live shows lasers are restricted. Be warned.

Mike
            Participant

Mike
              Participant

Lighting by ‘Claypaki’  and Lasers restricted to project computer graphics in between dancers never near the audience. Lasers have only restricted use.

gabj3
                Participant

I’ve had to do this often, primarily for heist scenes in several TV shows.

Important things to note: consider your laser akin to a CRT TV.

There is one beam, which has to cover x number of points in a second for it to look like one continuous ray of light, according to our photopic vision.

Of course, anything with on/off cycles and scan cycles (covering all the points) abides by the same logic of synchronicity when shooting a CRT wall or LED display.

I’ve had lasers flicker to the point I’ve had to tell creatives to remove ‘points’ as it was overloading the CPU and couldn’t complete its scan in a factor of 48 or 50Hz.

It’s important the scan rate (the amount of time the laser hits all points in a second) aligns with your framerate, otherwise you will see a roll bar.

Infinityvision.tv
                  Gabriel Devereux - Engineer

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.