Using Mist (filters)

Posted on by

Home Forums Camera Using Mist (filters)

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Gregg.
  • Creator
    Topic
    TimoVanLierop
    Participant

Hey Roger!

I was wondering what you think about using haze & lens filters. Because I know you like to shoot as clean as possible regarding to lens choice.

Do you like to use filters on your lenses? And what about haze?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Daniel
      Participant

Hopefully, I’m not putting words in his mouth by saying this. I recall a podcast where he explained that he shot an entire film with filtration and regretted it.

Also, in the “old” forum, there was a great discussion where David ( @dmullenasc ) and Roger talked about filters. I think it’s safe to say Roger is willing to use filters but highly selective about it.

In the “Looking at lighting” section of the site (Members > Looking At Lighting), Roger breaks down scenes from ‘BR 2049’. He mentions filters, what he selected, why, etc.

Roger Deakins
        Keymaster

The filters I used on ‘BR 2049’ were purely to adjust color and not effecting the image in any other way and I do sometimes use an ND grad. The last time I used a filter such as a Pro Mist or a similar kind of diffusion was for a film in 1985 and, yes, I did regret doing so.

Gregg
          Participant

Dear Roger,

What circumstances would require you to adjust colours by using a filter?

What filters do you use to adjust colour?

Much appreciated

Kind regards

Gregg

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.