Scene coverage

Posted on by

Home Forums Camera Scene coverage

• Creator
    Topic
    rama lingam
    Participant

Dear master Roger what’s your style in scene coverage. Ofcourse you have particular editing pattern in your mind when you shoot any scene. Generally how do you shoot master shot. Your master shot Always cover the whole scene dialogues? How you and Coen brothers would like to shoot master shot in any scene. Will they cover the whole scenes dialogues in master shot. I beleive they don’t do that. Ofcourse I can tell any Coen brothers movie perfectly edited with action continuity. How much you as a cinematographer concentrate action continuity.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      rama lingam
      Participant

I would like to hear Coen brothers and you both how do you shoot the master shot. Do they always ask to shoot full length dialogues for master shots.

Roger Deakins
        Keymaster

We would rarely shoot a whole scene in a conventional ‘master shot’. But that also varies depending on the scene as well. If it is of two people talking across a table then there is no reason not to cover the whole scene in your widest shot. Sometimes that is good for the actors to get ‘into’ the scene and prepare themselves for tehir closer coverage. But there is no one way to cover a scene and no ‘right’ way either.

rama lingam
          Participant

Master Roger what kind scene you go for conventional master shot with full dialogue. You mentioned various scene. What kind of scene. For instance a group of people’s involving one scenes. You said there is no right or wrong. But people don’t consider any pre conceive idea. Finally i would like to ask about action continuity. Because some times filmmakers use non professional actor’s. That people’s doesn’t know action continuity. Sam peckinpah do conventional master coverage?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.