Could I integrate a cheap long lens into a shoot without incident?

Posted on by

Home Forums Camera Could I integrate a cheap long lens into a shoot without incident?

• Creator
    Topic
    MickGrow
    Participant

I have 3 good cinema lenses for a shoot but I require a long lens for a some shots and I was going to just get a cheaper lens for those shots. I was wondering if the shots will match?

I think they will but I wanted to get others opinions about doing this type of thing?

Has anyone else done this sorta thing without incident?

thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      LucaM
      Participant

I’ve a (quite) similar problem and doubt, but i think that while you could quite easily match in post some difference (for example in the colors) , other differencies could be more noticeable (chromatic aberration, type of “bokeh” if you blur the background, sharpness, breathing of the Lens, etc etc). Perhaps the result of integration changes from lens to lens?

Stip
        Participant

Sure you can.

On “Joker” they used a large number of different lenses including Arri, Canon, Leica, Nikon, Zeiss and vintage 65mm lenses. 1st AC Greg Irwin called it “a bit of a Frankenstein lens package”.

If you only have one lens that needs to be matched in post it should not be a problem. You can shoot a color chart with all lenses to make it even easier.

Frank
          Participant

What are the three lenses you have and what focal length do you want for the fourth one?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.