David Teulieres

Posted on by

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • in reply to: Lighting night interior with few ressources #245848
    David Teulieres
    Participant

      @ThomasBommelWeishaeupl  thanks for you inputs, I figured out all this those past months, experimented a bit with color balance, for now it is just “okay I want my tungstens for the subject to be warm and my background / shadow to be blue”. Baby steps, I tend to be slow 🙂

      I worked my medium and close shots, and kind of get some decent results, but I just can’t get a satisfying wide shot. I have to put more efforts into it.

      To be honest I think there is something flawed in my methodology, I need to study a bit more as I can’t figure everything just by myself.

      I keep thinking about two things Roger Deakins said: – light it the way you see it in your head and – if there is no story there is nothing to practice (as quoted by someone who attended a Q&A). And as of now I still can’t see clearly what I want my image to look, and I have no story whatsoever – I am definitely not a writer. I feel those are more blocking than the lack of lighting gear.

      Anyway I should be back to studying already!

      in reply to: Lighting night interior with few ressources #232338
      David Teulieres
      Participant

        @Sir_fromsworth, unfortunately, I do not plan to publish these on youtube, they merely are a beginner sandbox, I was thinking maybe posting some screenshot here -if allowed- for members to critic my tests.


        @dmullenasc
        , I think I am a bit insecure about that, I wanted my tungsten light to be white and have some difficulties judging this on my monitor, I couldn’t tell if going to 3200k to accommodate the “kelvin rating unknown” practical added some yellow to my key tungsten light. Anyway, thanks for your input, after reading it I took some time to play with different WB, to explore a bit more the creative possibilities this settings offer.

      Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)