Skyfall lighting question and Sicario camera question

Posted on by

Home Forums Lighting Skyfall lighting question and Sicario camera question

• Creator
    Topic
    GianniRanzuglia
    Participant

Hi Roger,

I hope all’s good at your end. On your lighting plan for the opening of Skyfall, you mentioned you used a T12 and two 2k’s bouncing into a white bounce. I’m wondering if the 2k’s were used as ambient light that spread inside the room or something else?

Also, in an ASC interview you mentioned you wanted to shoot the starting raid of Sicario with a T5.6 aperture instead of T2.8. Why did you want to shoot with a higher f-stop, was the depth of field too shallow at 2.8?

Thanks for your time!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Roger Deakins
      Keymaster

The T12 created the sunlight effect and the 2Ks were set to bounce soft light into the corridor and the room. There were no lights inside the set.

I was shooting the opening scene of ‘Sicario’ on set and a deeper stop, with more depth of field, would, in my opinion, felt more like it was shot on location.

GianniRanzuglia
        Participant

The T12 created the sunlight effect and the 2Ks were set to bounce soft light into the corridor and the room. There were no lights inside the set. I was shooting the opening scene of ‘Sicario’ on set and a deeper stop, with more depth of field, would, in my opinion, felt more like it was shot on location.

Thanks for the time and reply Sir!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.