I need feedback

Posted on by

Home Forums Lighting I need feedback

• Creator
    Topic
    sheriftolba
    Participant

Hello Roger and everyone,

I would like to show you a project I finished a while ago and take your comments on it.

I shot, edited and lit this by myself so I’m sure there are a lot of short comings but I’m happy to have finished it close to how I originally imagined it.

Thank you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      James Parsons
      Participant

Not Roger, but I liked it very much. If I were to offer a first impression suggestion, I missed a rim light to separate your subject’s dark hair from the background and more define her shape in that space.

sheriftolba
        Participant

Thank you James and I’m glad you liked it.

I indeed missed that light as I intended to have this effect using a reflector which is WRONG in every which way haha.

Stip
          Participant

I don’t think it’s wrong, just too weak maybe.

If you had used a rim light, it would have separated the subject – but then it also would have looked exactly the same as thousands of other music videos shot against black. So there’s really no right or wrong.

sheriftolba
            Participant

Well, I actually had an idea of blending her with the blackness as if it’s a drop of ink that appears from black, however, at the shooting day the performer had some reservations about her not being completely lit so I had to balance out showing her moves as she wants, hence, the reflector, but also having moments were my ‘ink drop from black’ shows on screen. That is why I was adamant about using one light on this one so I wouldn’t really have the option to do conventional lighting and keep it interesting to myself somehow.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.