Huge thanks to Roger

Posted on by

Home Forums Still Photography Huge thanks to Roger

• Creator
    Topic
    Rusalen
    Participant

Hi Roger and James . Hello everyone on the forum. I hope you are fine In any case, I don’t want to brag. If you think this is not for here please remove it . I just felt compelled to share this with you. because thanks to you and everything I’ve read on this forum over the years. I made this film, of course there is still work to be done on it, but we didn’t have that time because we were chasing deadlines, mostly we did it with minimal time and resources. He already won a second prize in my country in a contest created by a YouTube group. Then I was told that he won second place because the son of the person who organized the contest starred in the movie with the first prize. That is why my film was in 2nd place. And it was a small cash prize, which suited me better :). Now it has been selected in one of the biggest festivals in America.I want to say thank you for helping me get this far and it means a lot to me. Of course, there is a long way to feature and full-length cinema will never be able to get there. I am truly grateful to you for everything I have learned from you. Of course, it will be very grateful if you can accept any comments, advice and criticism.

PS: I posted the death scene with the question that Mike answered and I was supported. When it was still raw

Visual Arts
      Creativity in all its forms...

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Mike
      Participant

Rusalen,

I am so pleased that your film has been nominated, you must be very excited by that news.  Once you have started a film, never give up finishing it doesn’t matter how long it takes.  Congratulations and remember this just the beginning. Wonderful news.

Rusalen
        Participant

Hello Mike. Thank you for your advice and support. We had the ceremony on the 25th. I am emailing directly from the festival director. It really means a lot to me. And I aimlessly submit the film to the festival. Thanks again for your attention.

Hello Rusalen,
          Congratulations

! On behalf of the SWIFF team, I am thrilled to share with you that you received an award for your film, FAITH, at SWIFF 2023: Semi-Finalist Award in the Best Short film category. Among the films from 120 countries competing in this year’s showcase, we are excited to award your film, FAITH, with the Semi-Finalist Award. FAITH was well received by all of our judges at SWIFF, and we were highly impressed with your work.
          Our judges’ comments on FAITH:
          “A cinematic opus that reflects the director’s unwavering commitment to their unique creative vision.”
          “The film’s visuals are a visual treat, with stunning cinematography that captures every scene with breathtaking beauty.”
          “A cinematic masterpiece that showcases the talent and vision of its creators, leaving audiences in awe of its artistic merits.”
          As a Semi-Finalist, along with other SWIFF Awardees, you will receive special access to distribution (with your consent) on Amazon Prime Video. SWIFF is a Distribution Partner of Amazon Prime Video Direct, and it is our mission to empower you with an international platform for your film through our relationship with Prime Video. Amazon is currently only accepting feature films for consideration for distribution. This means that, as a part of the SWIFF Awardee community, if you ever create a feature film in the future (or if you have one now), we can send it to Amazon Prime Video for distribution consideration.
          SWIFF is a nonprofit film festival dedicated to providing you with opportunities in the entertainment industry, and it is our mission to empower you as a student filmmaker. At SWIFF 2023, we have provided you with international recognition for your work, and it is our mission to continue helping you with opportunities such as Prime Video Distribution. Thank you very much for being a part of SWIFF 2023—you have joined an international community!
          Thank you,
          Mark Leschinsky
          Festival Director

Visual Arts
          Creativity in all its forms...

Mike
          Participant

Now you can start prepping for your next project.

Team up with others who share your passion.  Wish you lots of luck.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.