Camera Starter Question

Posted on by

Home Forums Camera Camera Starter Question

• Creator
    Topic
    James
    Keymaster

Just to start up the forum, the question will be: What is your “dream feature” that you would like to added to the camera you normally use and why.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Roger Deakins
      Keymaster

I would like an optical viewfinder – but I know that is no longer a possibility!

Andrew C
        Participant

Having a turret style lens mechanism like the Bell and Howell cameras would be convenient!

Al Duffield
          Participant

Oh yes! Or at least a lag-less EVF! It never ceases to surprise me how much better my operating is when using optical viewfinders!

Mike
            Participant

Using a modern zoom lens is more convenient and certainly much faster imo.

These new zooms now available are quite exceptional with their light weight barrels and extremely fast glass are now in more demand than ever.
              Rental houses are selling off many of their primes and buying these smaller zooms as the market is now adapting to the influx of younger DPs who demand smaller and lighter equipment.

Mike

Al Duffield
              Participant

Come to think of it. A built in VND would be nice to have on a camera

Al Duffield
                Participant

Polariser* CPL sorry, can’t edit for whatever reason 🙂

Stip
                  Participant

A C-LUT function (Cinematographer Lookup Table), where you can load your favorite DP and the camera automatically mimics their framing, lighting and camera movement.

simon m
                    Participant

Hahaha! Stip – that’s a great idea, although it would have to come with the add-on 1stAC-LUT!

Stip
                      Participant

It could all be so simple 🙂

Davinki
                        Participant

Either opengate video on these current 8k stills cameras like the Canon r5c or Sony a1 or even better the Fujifilm gfx, or an opengate mode on the Panasonic s1h I can use as an a cam, meaning 10 bit 422 or higher to an external recorder, as it would allow me to use it on more productions.

StevenBills
                          Participant

Global shutter with 14+ stops of DR.

Stip
                            Participant

“an opengate mode on the Panasonic s1h I can use as an a cam”. I was hoping for that too and tried to contact Lumix about it but I guess they don’t care at this point. My hope is they reserve it for a S1H successor. Open Gate with external Braw recording for use with anamorphic lenses would be a great high quality budget solution.

Matt Stahley
                              Participant

While its not FF the Panasonic GH6 has open gate 5.8k.

Jay Young
                                Participant

I would like cameras to be less sensitive.  I often have to shoot with a really tight shutter, and lower the ISO to achieve a certain look.  I know that’s not a reality.

LukeJ
                                  Participant

Arri Alexa – All the ND’s!!!
                                    Having all the ND’s like the Sony Venice would be so convenient. Can’t believe they only put 3 ND’s even in the new Alexa 35.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.