Andrew Dominik ‘Blonde’

Posted on by

Home Forums Film Talk Andrew Dominik ‘Blonde’

• Creator
    Topic
    rama lingam
    Participant

Master roger have you seen ‘blonde’2022 movie. He was your collaborator. What’s your opinion about that movie cinematography.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Roger Deakins
      Keymaster

I have not seen the film as yet. Have you? What are your thoughts?

rama lingam
        Participant

Yes I did watched ‘blonde’. Its very sentimental and humanness movie. But the screenplay getting bored at some point. At first I was not familiar with Marilyn Monroe’s life. I never thought that Marilyn Monroe’s film career would be filled with so much sadness. If I knew Marlin Monroe biopic fully then may be i enjoyed the entire film. I would like to discuss with you generally about the film cinematography. The story happen around with Marlin Monroe. But the filmmakers didn’t shot her perspective the film much. Generally when we going to do biopic what kind of things must consider and what things don’t consider. There are some wide angle and body rig shots in this movie. I would like to ask your opinion about wide lenses used and body rigs shots after you watched. I felt one thing. If I am wrong please teach me. The movie should be shot on Marlin monroe perspective. For instance ‘Happening’ french film. Would you agree?

rama lingam
          Participant

I forgot to write something. There are some point of view shots in this movie. particularly while she’s having abortions. There is vagina pov. I’m still not sure if this is meant to represent the point of view anything. I don’t think it’s necessary shots.

I would like to see Rogerdeakins version ‘Blodne’. But it’s not possible!. I am sure your version will be very unique and good. If you were shot on blonde i am pretty sure there is no more pov unwanted  shots. You have to watch’Blonde’

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.