Recovering the Old Forums (need help?)

Posted on by

Home Forums Website News Recovering the Old Forums (need help?)

• Creator
    Topic
    Magneticat
    Participant

Hello Roger and staff,

happy new year to all of you.

I wanted to ask if there are news about recovering the information in the old forums.

I also wanted to offer my help in case it were needed – I recovered dozens of forums and websites that seemed irreparably lost, and would be willing to help with this if needed, at no costs for the community. Can point to my LinkedIn page if needed.

The information posted in these forums over the past 10 years is just invaluable – for those interested in cinematography, for those making movies, and for those who just love cinema.

Viewing 7 replies - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Mike
      Participant

The problem with computers these days, is that even if English is your first language the meaning of correspondence can be easily misinterpreted then someone takes umbrage because they assumed  it meant something else. This is the modern age where people never meet but correspond on a daily basis. 😳

Mike
        Participant

The problem with computers these days, is that even if English is your first language the meaning of correspondence can be easily misinterpreted then someone takes umbrage because they assumed  it meant something else. This is the modern age where people never meet but correspond on a daily basis. 😳

Frank
          Participant

Complaining that your posts have been deleted and then proceeding to pontificate about “living in a democratic world” in which you “enjoy freedom of speech” is quite clear. Again, you enjoy neither of these privileges on a privately owned website — any of your posts can be deleted at any time and for any reason. Because things like tone don’t necessarily come across in text you can of course claim you meant anything, even that your comments were ‘ironic’ or whatever, but I would suggest that if your interest in a forum about cinematography and filmmaking leads you down this route you should reassess why you’re participating in the first place. It’s for this reason that I have no interest in continuing this discussion with you. For those with an interest in viewing the old forums I hope the links to the web archives were helpful.

rama lingam
            Participant

I checked those web archives. Its not working. It’s just opened the link then i can’t get forum questions link. You can try and get experienced well. It doesn’t work. I can even get screen shot.

rama lingam
              Participant

Just now i checked one link worked and other don’t work. I don’t know why?

Mike
                Participant

Frank,

I assume English is not your first language as you have misunderstood what I was saying.  Perhaps you could let us know where you are located so that members will have a better understanding why you have adopted a particularly harsh tone and intent in up setting forum members.  But as you say, you will not be reading this anyway.

halfgrain
                  Participant

Hello everyone, I feel like the personal back and forth between a few members have distracted a little from the core question, if there might be a way to recover the old forum or not. I’m curious if Magneticat could be of any help and/or if a recovery attempt is maybe still in progress?

Just curious and would love to read a quick statement from anyone who is or was actually involved in trying to recover.

Viewing 7 replies - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.